The Neighborhood Health Clinic (Clinic) seeks an experienced fundraising professional to lead its comprehensive development and marketing program. The position reports directly to the CEO and will work collaboratively with staff, Board committees, volunteers and executive management.
The Neighborhood Health Clinic began as an idea conceived by Dr. Bill and Nancy Lascheid after they retired from their full-time Naples dermatology practice. The concept of a medical clinic for the working poor gained momentum and attracted supporters. With shared enthusiasm of friends and help from professionals and volunteers in the community, the clinic was able to open its doors in April 1999. Today the Clinic has over 250 physicians and dentists, 100 nurses and 275 non-medical volunteers that are key not only to patient care, but also to the daily operation of the Clinic taking care of thousands of patients every year.
In 2013, the Clinic was awarded Charity Navigator’s highest ranking of four stars, designating the Clinic as ‘exceptional.’ Over 92% of every dollar of $1.6 million revenues goes directly toward patient care. As a valued employee of the Clinic, the CDO will have the opportunity to break the cycle of poverty and give hope to future generations of its patients. For more information about the Clinic, visit www.neighborhoodhealthclinic.org
The selected candidate has ten or more years of relevant fundraising experience, has a strong commitment to healthcare especially for the working poor, and is able to articulate that passion to the community and donors of the Clinic. The ideal candidate is confident and competent with a proven track record in all facets of fundraising ranging from annual giving, major gifts, events, grant writing, planned giving and capital campaigns. This person is independent, consistently demonstrates creativity, integrity, thoughtful judgment, a sense of urgency and a willingness to get the job done.
The right person has excellent communication skills (written and oral) and diplomacy. The candidate must provide evidence of a management style that emphasizes collaboration and consensus building, participative management, high ethical standards, collegiality, and effective teamwork. While the number of employees is small, empowering staff and allowing them to be creative and resourceful to achieve their goals is essential. The successful candidate possesses the ability to inspire others at all levels of the organization; identify and articulate clear, meaningful goals; and a set positive example providing assistance, recognition, and encouragement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, oversees, manages and directs all fundraising and development activities for the Clinic, including direct mail appeals, major gifts, events, grant writing, planned giving and capital campaigns.
- Supervises marketing, development and grant-writing staff encouraging team work, enthusiasm, diligence and quality work to benefit the Clinic and its patients; conduct annual performance reviews.
- Works closely with and provide professional guidance to Development Committee of the Board and Executive management to coordinate and support prospect identification, cultivation and solicitation.
- Prepares, in collaboration with CEO, the organization for a capital campaign anticipated to begin in late 2015 then develops, manages and implements all aspects of capital campaign fundraising efforts.
- Implements approved fundraising/development plan including monitoring progress and revising as appropriate in conjunction with Development Committee to ensure financial sustainability as prioritized in the Clinic’s Strategic Plan.
- Ensures proactive and effective donor stewardship and recognition.
- Manages, cultivates and solicits a personal portfolio of 50+ prospective donors capable of gifts at the $25,000 level and above while showing appropriate respect and diplomacy with high net worth individuals
- Serves as primary staff leadership and liaison to the Clinic Guild, Development Committee, Marketing Committee, Block Party Committee and Board of Directors providing expert advice and counsel to ensure well-coordinated and effective communication and efforts regarding Clinic fundraising and development initiatives.
- Is an active ambassador, spokesperson and solicitor for the Clinic.
- Oversees public relations, marketing and communications programs to ensure clear, consistent, compelling and high quality message in all formats: print, electronic and spoken.
- Provides guidance and oversees grant applications and reporting to effectively and efficiently maximize grant revenues.
- Manages preparation and management of annual budgets for development and marketing, including income and expense projections.
- Compiles meaningful financial, statistical and informational reports as needed by the CEO, Board committees and development office to measure progress and track success of fundraising initiatives.
- Embraces enthusiastically new challenges and opportunities to ensure the Clinic’s long term financial sustainability (i.e. Other duties as needed or assigned.)
Skills, talent and experience required for this position:
- Ten or more years proven, relevant experience leading fundraising effort with success
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, and an advanced degree is a plus
- CFRE (Certificate Fund Raising Executive) is preferred
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written)
- Capital campaign experience along with proven project management skills
- Working knowledge of Windows®, Microsoft Office® and Raiser’s Edge
- Self-starter, takes initiative and leads by example
- Well-organized, excellent manager of people, resources and time
- High energy, enthusiastic and passionate about Clinic and the healthcare it delivers
- Diplomatic—effectively manages up and down
- Successful completion of background check
- Valid state driver’s license
Physical demands, ADA compliance and work environment information:
For more specific information, please reference the detailed job description linked below.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience and qualifications. The Clinic offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Corporate Dimensions, Inc. at email@example.com.