Thank you for supporting the Neighborhood Health Clinic. As we start our 14th year, let us take this opportunity to look at where the journey has taken us.
- The first night of Clinic, April12, 1999, eight patients were treated.
- Today there are more than 6,000 patient visits annually.
- The magnitude and severity of chronic illnesses and diseases that plague our patients mirrors what is seen throughout our nation.
- Our medication room fills prescriptions during every clinic session at a retail value of more than $300,000 per month. Although many prescription medications are provided by pharmaceutical companies, it is increasingly more challenging acquiring donated medicines.
- Education, specialty clinics, and research programs established to enhance the quality of life for our patients continue to grow.
- Healthcare reform will only address the needs of a portion of uninsured Americans. We will remain a safety net providing quality medical and dental care in Collier County.
- Our scope of service and reinforcement of infrastructure will allow us to remain a nationally recognized medical home for the working poor.
- Based on patient-driven needs, the William P. Lascheid MD Endowment Fund was launched in 2006.
- A recent $10 million donation to the endowment fund will provide sustainability and assure the perpetuity of the Neighborhood Health Clinic. Since no more than 5% can be withdrawn annually, the endowment is not available for operating expenses.
On behalf of the board of directors, staff, and patients, we thank you for your support and vote of confidence over the years. The quality of our life-saving work continues and we thank you for your ongoing support.
John McDonough, Chairman Board of Directors
Leslie A Lascheid, CEO