On April 12th, we celebrate our 13th anniversary and want to express our heartfelt gratitude for:
- 13,000 patients who entrusted us with their lives
- $13,000,000 value of hours donated by our dedicated volunteers
- $13,000,000 retail value of life-saving prescription medications dispensed
- $13,000,000 of pro bono services donated by our healthcare partners
From that first clinic night in Grand Central Station with only three volunteers and eight patients, we have grown. Today we have more than 700 volunteers, have treated over 90 patients during a recent clinic session, and have spent the last 10 years caring for and about the working poor in our state-of-the-art medical home at 121 Goodlette Road North.
Our patient-driven mission has resulted in specialty programs for education and prevention:
- Diabetes Management
- Breast Health
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Colon Cancer Detection and Research Study
- Quit Smoking
- Hepatitis C Treatment
- Social Services
And some things never change….we do not seek or accept government funding, which means we rely on the generosity of our donors to provide low income, working but uninsured Collier County adults with access to quality healthcare.
Our sincere appreciation to all who encourage, support, labor, laugh and cry with us…and there is much more on the horizon. The future is bright. We welcome forthcoming opportunities and challenges and look forward to sharing our vision for the next 13 years.