Diabetic Self-Management Education Program is offered monthly.
Please call the office at
239.261.6600 for details. Registration is Required!
– Understanding what diabetes is
– Understanding treatments
– Learning appropriate nutritional management and the importance of a healthy diet
– Learning how exercise affects diabetes
– Learning about the role of medications and insulin to treat diabetes
– Learning how to monitor blood sugar and use the results to improve control
– How to prevent, detect and treat short and long term complications