“Quitting smoking is the single most important thing that our patients can do to improve the health of themselves and their families”, said Dr. Robert Morantz, Program Medical Director.
The Neighborhood Health Clinic is proud to host the Everglades Health Education Center’s Quit Smoking Now program. This program is FREE of charge and open to ALL members of the community.
All patients of the Neighborhood Health Clinic who smoke are required to attend the class.
For more information on how to participate in the next QSN class hosted at the Neighborhood Health Clinic, please call the Clinic at 239.261.6600.
Participants are provided the following to help them quit smoking:
– Quit Smoking Now Participant Workbook
– Nicotine Replacement Therapy (gum, lozenges and patches – to those who are eligible and while supplies last)
Quit Smoking Now! Team:
Program Medical Director
Quit Smoking Now! is currently recruiting for 2 volunteers. If you are interested in joining the team please click here to complete the volunteer application.
Everglades Area Health Education Center
The Quit Smoking Now Program, hosted at the Neighborhood Health Clinic, is sponsored by the Everglades Area Health Education Center and is provided through the tobacco settlements. EAHEC offers free classes in Ten Florida Counties. For more information on the Everglades Area Education Center please visit their website at www.eahectobacco.com.
EAHEC Offers These Tips to Quit Smoking Now:
– Set a Quit Date. Once a person has decided to quit, it’s time to pick the all-important Quit Date. Make sure it’s pretty soon – like maybe in the next month. Choosing one too far in the future makes it easier to rationalize a way out of it. There also needs to be enough time to get prepared. Then it’s time to come up with a solid plan.
– Set up a support system. Tell others of your plan and ask for their support. Ask a friend to quit with you. You can talk with a friend who has successfully quit and is willing to help.
– Avoid high-risk situations where the urge to smoke is strong. Avoid situations where others are using tobacco.
Volunteers identify, interview, and enroll appropriate patients in the smoking cessation class. They enter data on the participant’s progress, call to confirm attendance, and work with the program coordinator. They ensure the program provides the maximum benefit to our patients.
Please click here if you have the desire to make a tremendous positive impact on the health of our working, uninsured patients and apply to become a volunteer.
THE NEIGHBORHOOD HEALTH CLINIC IS A TAX-EXEMPT CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION AS DESCRIBED IN SECTION 501(C)(3) OF THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE; OUR EIN # IS 59-3546884. A COPY OF OUR OFFICIAL REGISTRATION (CH-9507) AND FINANCIAL INFORMATON MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE FLORIDA DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-435-7352 WITHIN THE STATE OR AT WWW.800HELPFLA.COM. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. 100% OF ALL CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED ARE RETAINED BY THE NEIGHBORHOOD HEALTH CLINIC TO DELIVER QUALITY MEDICAL AND DENTAL CARE TO LOW-INCOME, WORKING BUT UNINSURED ADULTS.